Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It's Potpie...and a Cupcake...Who doesn't LOVE that?!?!?

Tonight I wanted something warm, hearty and homemade but didn't have the time or energy to put into making a full meal when it was so late. When I came across this recipe, I knew it would be a must try. Well....I am glad I did, this recipe is so easy and fulfilling.

From my kitchen to yours....enjoy and let me know how it turns out.


Ingredients

2 cups of cooked chicken breasts diced or a large can of chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup frozen mixed veggies
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tablespoon of dried basil
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 (10 oz) cans Pillsbury biscuits

Directions

Preheat your oven to 400.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked or canned chicken, cream of chicken soup, frozen veggies, cheese, herbs and spices.
Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and place the Pillsbury biscuits into each cup, pressing into the bottom and up the sides.
Evenly spoon the pot pie mixture into each biscuit cup. Slide into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Check at the 12 minute mark.
Let rest for about 3 minutes ( I didn't do this and some fell apart) and dig in!

(Pinterest inspired)


Cutting Calories 101: Use fat free cream of chicken, reduced fat biscuits and cheese...it tastes just as good and fewer calories.


No comments:

Post a Comment